Damage to a home or business from water leaks or freezes can be extremely costly, especially if they go undetected over a long weekend or the duration of a family vacation. The ability to detect a leak or freeze and receive a timely alert can significantly help minimize the damage before it has a chance to become a major setback. Honeywell provides the Lyric Wi-Fi Water Leak and Freeze Detector that sends an early warning alert to your smartphone while you're out of town or away from your home or office.
Costly Damage to Home or Office
Estimates place the average damage incurred from a water leak or the freezing and bursting of pipes at $7,000. Most home and business owners aren't in a position to cover such an expense. Though insurance often pays for the damage, costs go beyond mere dollars when heirlooms, photos albums, and other irreplaceable treasures are lost. Limiting damage requires the ability to get water lines shut off while the damage is little more than a spreading puddle.
Key Features and Benefits
Troublesome spots like sump pumps, water heaters, washing machines, and underneath sinks are the best locations for the placement of Honeywell's Lyric Wi-Fi Water Leak and Freeze Detector in order to catch a problem before it has time to become a disaster. Some primary features and benefits of this unit include:
- Early warning to your smartphone that a leak has developed or that there has been a significant temperature drop below a preset temperature
- A four-foot-long water sensing cable comes standard with the setup, but additional cables up to 500 feet can be purchased separately if you want coverage of a warehouse or large facility
- Water sensing occurs every 60 seconds
- Unit is reusable after an event has been detected
- Battery life of the unit is up to three years (uses three AA batteries)
- Installation takes only a few minutes with easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions
- Capacity to record and log humidity and temperatures in the monitored area, which is viewable on the installed smartphone app (monitored and updated hourly)
- Allows for automatic notification of a friend, family member or other trusted individual whether you are able to receive the alert on your smartphone or not (if you happen to be outside your cell service range or away from your phone)
These features and benefits make the Lyric a viable solution for reducing the risk of a costly leak or freeze event.
Honeywell Support and Backing
Besides being a smart way to protect your home or business from a potential disaster, you also get the quality assurance provided by Honeywell. This unit is linked to Honeywell's Lyric platform along with other early warning and alert products you might be using, or it can work as a standalone application if the leak and freeze detection system is the only one you're using. The Lyric Wi-Fi Water Leak and Freeze Detector comes in single packs or in contractor packs to combine with other Honeywell home security products.
Whether you are frequently out of town, away on a family vacation or just want a little extra peace of mind when you are away from your home or business take advantage of the Lyric Wi-Fi Water Leak and Freeze Detector early warning system. Doing so allows you or someone you trust to head off a costly disaster before it is too late.
From now through the end of June, package the Lyric Wi-Fi water sensor with the Honeywell 8321 Wi-Fi thermostat and save $125. This Honeywell home maintenance bundle is $557. Contact us to learn more about the security alert solutions provided by Andy Lewis Heating and Air Conditioning.