CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTORS
Carbon Monoxide is the #1 cause of poisonings in the U.S. Yet less than 5% of all CO Poisonings are reported. The safe and efficient operation of your heating equipment and other combustion appliances cannot be determined without testing using a calibrated combustion analyzer. Carbon monoxide, even in small quantities can cause serious health problems, particularly in children and the elderly. CO exposure can cause nausea, severe headache, shortness of breath, chest pain, blurred vision, and dizziness. Millions of unsuspecting homeowners are exposed to low levels of CO and are completely unaware.
Unfortunately standard carbon monoxide alarms don’t go off until your family has been exposed to 70 ppm (parts per million) for over 3 and a half hours. Most international limits for unsafe levels, including OSHA and the World Health Organization’s guidelines are between at 15-35 ppm.
Andy Lewis recommends and installs carbon monoxide detectors that have the following features:
•Continuous Scan™ mode lets you know monitor is checking for CO constantly
• Digital display shows CO levels of 5ppm or higher
• Low Alarm – 15 ppm – audible & visual every 8 seconds
• High Alarm – 35 ppm – audible & visual every 4 seconds
• Crisis Alarm – 70+ ppm – audible & visual every 2 seconds
Carbon monoxide can come from additional sources in your home besides your heating equipment, and should also be checked. These sources include your Water Heater, Gas Range, Gas Logs, Space Heater, Boiler, and even an attached garage.
Request Service or call (704) 391 9191 to have your CO Detector Installed.
One of the driest places on earth could be your home. In the winter months, the average heated home can have a relative humidity as low as 13% to 16%. The relative humidity of the Sahara Desert is 25%; Death Valley is 23%. A humidifier can keep your home typically between 35%-55% relative humidity.
The benefits of humidifiers:
- Relieve dry, scratchy skin and lips.
- Reduce nosebleeds, and reduce susceptibility to infection by keeping the mucus membranes of your throat and nasal passages moist allowing the tiny hairs (cilia) in both to work at expelling foreign objects such as mold, pet dander, viruses, and bacteria.
- Can help relieve cold symptoms by making the air you breathe moist, which helps keep your lungs more elastic.
- Reduce static electricity, reducing the tiny shocks received from touching certain objects and other people.
- Can help prevent wood floors from buckling and separating, and wood furniture from drying out and cracking.
Request Service or call (704) 391 9191 to have your humidifier installed.
AIR PURIFIERS and AIR CLEANERS
We are committed to helping you provide a comfortable home for your family. Media filters, air purifiers, and air cleaners can help provide that comfort. Andy Lewis installs Air Knight® air purifiers. Air purifiers use UV rays and advanced technology to filter toxins and pollutants out of the air in your home or workspace. Whole house air cleaners help protect your family and home from airborne particulates, allergens, dust, and dander. They clean the air in your entire home every time your heating or cooling system is on.
Request Service or call (704) 391 9191 to have your Air Purifier installed.
Andy Lewis is here for you! We offer emergency after hour service at NO extra charge for nights and weekends. It is our goal to educate you on the different options available and provide information about tune-ups, repairs and replacements, all within the budget you set!